$19.20 an hour – Full-time
$19.20 an hour
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Weston Foods- 279 Orenda Road, Brampton, ON L6T 1G6
WAGE: $19.20 / hour, plus shift premiums of an extra 0.55 cents /hour (applicable between 6pm-12am) and 0.75 cents /hour (applicable between 12am-6am) and benefits.
SHIFT: Night shift (9 pm- 5:30am) from Sunday to Thursday
Please Note-All shifts are 8.5 hours, but can be 10-12 hour shifts based on need.
Wonderbrands is a leading North American bakery (formerly Weston Foods, fresh and frozen businesses) with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake.Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going. Our machine operators are essential to our success, and ensure our production equipment is operating smoothly to produce delicious, premier baked goods for our customers.
We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
- Competitive wage rate starting at $19.20/ hr plus shift premiums given for afternoon/night shift.
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and pension.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment that smells like delicious pies.
- Convenient, transit accessible location in Brampton.
- Overtime after 40 hrs per week or if longer than scheduled shift.
- Unionized work environment.
In a typical day, you’ll:
- Be responsible for equipment set-up, changeovers, and running production lines as needed for various food products.
- Read work orders and specifications to define prescribed setup operation(s).
- Ensure proper supply levels of resources for production machinery.
- Help troubleshoot equipment problems, and support preventative maintenance activities to reduce equipment issues and forced production stoppages.
- Provide input to shift action plan for their equipment area.
- Must adhere to all Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitized work area with strong GMP focus.
- A lover of baked goods!
- You have strong people skills—you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic.
- You have previously worked in a manufacturing environment (food manufacturing considered an asset).
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You’re dedicated to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues.
- You’re a quick learner with the ability to adapt to new skills and methods quickly and easily.
- You digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen, and improve your skills, abilities, and performance.
- You are someone who listens to comprehend a situation first, asking questions to clarify your own understanding, instead of listening to be able to reply quickly.
- You’re flexible to work night shift including weekends, as required.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!