Looking for a change, an opportunity to show your exceptional skills, a chance to help lead and build a team? Grow your career with a company that shares your passion!
Contributing to The Well-Being and Quality of Our Consumers
The well-being of our consumers is at the heart of Sodexo’s approach, customer engagement is integral in the services provided by Sodexo employees in various locations across Canada. We work closely with our consumers and clients to create an interactive and personalized environment for the well-being of everyone we serve.
Sodexo is proud to announce these nominations: 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer; 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers; 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company; 2020 Parity Certification – Platinum level and Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level.
What We Can Offer You
Sodexo offers you a flexible and dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, access to ongoing training and development programs, and countless opportunities to grow within the company. Job Description
Sodexo is growing! We are looking for a Handyperson – Building Maintenance Associate to join our dynamic team. This position is a part-time role You will be offered is a great team environment, work/life balance and the ability to ensure customer satisfaction. Rate: $20 – $24 an hour
As a member of our team, you will contribute to providing excellent customer service:
- Carryout light maintenance service including plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering (if required, under supervision or in collaboration with a qualified journeyman/trades maintenance personnel)
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight
- May be required to assist with special events
- Assists skilled trade workers and subcontractors/vendors
- Perform cleaning including perimeter litter pick-up and occasional non-routine cleaning tasks
- Perform move services as required
- Assist in snow removal and de-icing of walkways when needed
- Maintenance of internal plants
- Ensure availability of materials by checking stock levels of parts and components; prepare requisitions as required
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Performs all work in accordance with municipal/provincial/federal regulatory requirements
- Use of CMMS or equivalent systems to schedule and/or document work orders both on Reactive and Preventive maintenance activities
- Work with hand tools, power tools and have the ability to perform labor-intensive duties including lifting up to 50 lbs safely, and the ability to climb stairs/ladders as part of daily activities
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments
You are a dynamic and reliable person with good communication and interpersonal skills. You are committed to quality assurance and safety.
You must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience. Minimum of one-year related experience. Bilingualism is an asset and you must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
If you’re looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click “I’m interested” for a quick 5-minute online application.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs