Toronto Sun Wah Trading is a leading wholesale distributor and meat processor. We have been in business for 30+ years and have close to 100 employees. As a family-first business with a long and proud history, we have earned the trust of many large and small businesses alike. Today, we continue to serve an extensive portfolio of restaurants, wholesalers, and established retail chains all across Ontario with our comprehensive product catalog ranging from meat, seafood, and produce, to dry goods, packaging materials, and restaurant cleaning supplies.
Our mission is simple – to continue to expand and serve our growing customer base. Together with our strategic suppliers and business partners, we strive to create increasing value for our customers and become further established as the household name within the wholesale distribution and meat processing industries.
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our growing family. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and hardworking individual who possesses good manner and works well with the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean trucks from previous day and record any return products;
- Ensure cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment;
- Load and unload delivery vehicles;
- Accept delivery of inventory;
- Count and confirm inventory;
- Inspect inventory for damage and faults;
- Communicate errors to relevant parties;
- Preserve safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat;
- Accompany company driver to deliver products to our clients;
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Requirements
- Work experience as general laborer, preferably in warehouse;
- Ability to operate forklift and pump truck proficiently;
- Strong people skills with good manner;
- Good moral character;
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions;
- Able to lift 40kg with ease;
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance;
- Available to work extended hours;
- Ability to speak both English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) is an asset.
We appreciate all applications for this position but we will only be contacting candidates that are selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$17.50 per hour
- Bonus pay
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Mask wearing, temperature monitoring
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- Cantonese/Mandarin (preferred)
Hiring 1 candidate for this role