BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
As a team member, you create outstanding value for our customers, by producing quality products under tight deadlines. At BWXT-PMI we recognize that employees are our greatest asset and work to create an environment that provides exciting and challenging work and an opportunity to develop and grow within the organization.
We are currently looking for a Production Associate/General Labour to join our team.
The Production Associate is responsible for supporting the production process by performing duties associated with cleaning, finishing, washing and packaging BWXT components. Employees working in this position may specialize in one area or be able to perform in all areas.
Incumbents may perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Use material handling equipment to carefully move components from one operation to the next.
- May be required to move parts using a Forklift or Crane. Must be certified to operate.
- Use various hand tools to perform light deburring work on stainless steel parts for small cell components.
- Lubricate parts by using a cloth to rub a powdery substance onto stainless steel parts.
- Wash stainless steel parts with water using a high pressure washing tool.
- Use Acetone to clean parts per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Package stainless steel parts by following standard operating procedures for each part.
- Mark parts using the Electro Chemical Etch process, Dot Peen or Vibro Pen as required.
- May use the saw to cut stainless steel rods to size for use on the CNC machines.
- Finish large groups of parts by using the Harparizing machine to debur rough edges.
- Organize and inventory parts as necessary to ensure preparedness for next operation.
- Take immediate and appropriate action whenever a deviation or non-conformance is identified.
- May support Material Handlers in the movement and organization of parts.
- May support the Assembly department by completing sub-assembly work as necessary.
- May support the Assembly department by performing functional and hydro testing of various nuclear assemblies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified forklift and crane operation certificates an asset.
- Demonstrated mechanical skills/mechanically inclined.
- Experience working in the nuclear, aerospace, or defense industry is an asset.
- Highly dextrous with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
For more information please visit our website at www.bwxt.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- What are your salary/hourly expectations?
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.