Position Requirement: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Location: On-site, Mississauga
Hours: Monday – Friday, 12pm – 8pm
Salary: Starting at $21.00 per hour
We are looking for a pharmacy assistant who can provide support for general dispensing activities. This will include a variety of different tasks that are commonly found in a traditional pharmacy such as prescription filling and processing, but also untraditional tasks such as solving complex reimbursement issues and coordinating a large volume of patient deliveries. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a high level of service when interacting with external parties to represent the pharmacy in the best possible light.
MemberRx is an innovative pharmacy focused on supporting the complex health needs of Ontario’s education community. The pharmacy occupies an 8,000 square feet facility located just south of Toronto Pearson International Airport. We look to provide an elevated pharmacy offering while having a meaningful and measurable impact on health outcomes for Ontario’s educators.
The pharmacy will incorporate several elements from other pharmacy practice areas such as specialty, community, and long term care, to name a few. The initial focus will be on complex, specialty medications and then expanding into therapies for diabetes and related cardiovascular conditions. From the clinical perspective, the goal is to optimize patient therapies to elevate long-term health outcomes. The pharmacy also aims to provide timely medication delivery to minimize delays in treatment. You will be working alongside an expert team of pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, and logistical support staff to meet each of these objectives.
Success is measured by the patient experience, there are no two ways about it. This is where we believe having the right team in place is paramount to achieving our goals. Beyond simply education and experience, we are also seeking those who have a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. We hope that this speaks to you and would like to invite you to be a key part of our organization.
- Assist with dispensing activities such as filling, labelling, and billing of prescriptions.
- Data entry of prescriptions into pharmacy management software (Kroll).
- Resolve payment or drug coverage issues with payors such as third-party insurance, patient support programs, and patients.
- Communicating with patient support programs to coordinate reimbursement activities.
- Proper handling and storage of high-cost specialty medications.
- Arrange patient billing and shipping schedules in accordance with patient need.
- Verifying packages and shipment information to ensure that deliveries are going to the correct destination at the right time.
- Assist with inventory management, including activities such as counting, sorting, and resolving discrepancies.
- Send drug orders to the wholesaler vendors to ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Receive products into the inventory as they are shipped from the wholesaler.
- Management of product returns to the wholesaler.
- Produce shipping vendor waybills via each vendor’s shipping software.
- Answer phone calls and triage to the appropriate staff member.
- Respond to emails from various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of professionals and flourish in a team environment.
- Ability to engage in the problem-solving process to provide ideas and insight.
- Passion for high quality patient service.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in working with Microsoft’s productivity suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficiency with Kroll pharmacy management system is strongly preferred.
- Competency with technology and its integration with pharmacy practice.
- Ability to confidently resolve third-party billing issues.
- Capable of lifting boxes or materials up to 50lbs.
Education & Experience
- One or more years of experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Experience in specialty pharmacy or long-term care pharmacy is preferred.
- Experience with Kroll is an asset.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive benefits package including drug, dental, vision & paramedical benefits, AD&D, and long-term disability.
- Free on-site parking.
MemberRx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MemberRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform us within your application if you require any accommodations and every effort will be made to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.