Blue Mountain Resort
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Free Alterra Mountain Pass for employees; ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations!
- Alterra Mountain Passes for your family
- Access to purchase one 5×7 Pass for $1; share with a friend
- 50% off an unlimited number of Blue Mountain Lift tickets. 50% off an unlimited number of Ikon Resort Lift Tickets.
- Free rentals;
- Staff priced meals &Starbucks treats;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, and more!
This position works the line in one or more resort kitchen locations including; restaurant/bar, banquet and quick service.
Seasonal- Full Time
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Sets up the station for service, which may include back prep. Stations can include (but not limited to) grill, deep fry and salad stations.
- Follows instructions to prep and cook meals in large/small quantity according to the Executive Chef’s recipe book and station guide for breakfast, lunch or dinner service.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef de Partie as directed.
- Cleans equipment and keeps a clean workstation.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FROM ME?
- Some completion of High School.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must have 1-year of prior kitchen experience.
- Knowledge of safe and proper use and storage of all relevant kitchen tools and equipment.
- Basic numeracy, problem solving.
- Requires the ability to prioritize job duties based on importance.
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain Resort is Ontario’s largest mountain resort. Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay, on the traditional territory of the Anishinabek Nation: The People of the Three Fires known as Ojibway, Odawa, and Pottawatomie Nations . Only 90 minutes outside Toronto, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer a variety of activities including golfing at Monterra Golf, playing on the attractions in the Adventure Park, and hiking or biking in the 30km trail network in the Explore Park. At the base of the Mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars, and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. With 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, Blue Mountain caters year-round to groups and special events. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.