Mister Safety Shoes
Full Job Description
Are you looking to join one of Canada’s Greatest Places to Work and be a part of making it even better?
Who we are:
Mister Safety Shoes is an Industry Leader who has been helping fit customers with the proper safety footwear and work clothing since 1972 and we are looking for an Auxiliary Driver/Route Salesperson to help service our clients in the Southwestern region of Ontario.
In this role, you will act as a backup to Mobile Footwear Consultants (MFC) by servicing the safety footwear needs of our corporate customers within a pre-defined territory.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about service. Our Mobile Footwear Consultants are obsessed with providing the best service possible to each of their customers.
A successful candidate must be self driven, able to be a strong team player while working autonomously. You must also be flexible in terms of location. We service customers all over the province and are looking for someone who enjoys the ability to be on the road, and not tied to one location!
What we offer:
- Benefits that are fully paid for by the company for all full-time employees.
- 3-Weeks paid vacation for full-time employees.
- Uncapped earning potential (base salary + commission)
- We are closed on ALL statutory holidays – Including Boxing Day!
- Complete training for the role, to set you up for success.
- We invest in people and often promote from within.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Successfully perform the Mister Safety Shoes Customer Service and POS standards while demonstrating professional etiquette through integrity, honesty, and respect.
- Ensure customer concerns are dealt with effectively, promptly, and with the utmost consideration.
- Build lasting relationships with corporate contacts, stay connected, and convey suggestions for improvement.
- Provide leave coverage for the Mobile Footwear Consultants.
- Provide leave coverage for the company delivery truck in the GTA.
- Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory counting, ordering, and stocking of new merchandise.
- Accurately process sales and exchanges/refunds using the company’s POS system.
- Responsible for the daily housekeeping of the Mobile.
- Identify maintenance needs and communicate to Management for repair.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by following MSS policies and procedures.
- Keep an accurate daily driving log that is in compliance with the Ministry of Transportation.
- Perform a daily circle check of the truck while serving as an MFC, with no exceptions.
- Ability to periodically stay overnight in hotels up to 5 consecutive nights.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Route Sales-Driving experience will be considered an asset.
- A D-license will be required. MSS will assist in obtaining a license if required.
- A clean driving abstract is required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to each individual client.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure, handles multiple tasks, and performs duties with a sense of urgency.
Mister Safety Shoes has been named a Great Place to Work® and is proud to be a 2021 Best Workplaces™ in Canada in Retail and Hospitality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. If required, please include accommodation requirements with your submission.
Please note our company has implemented a set of precautionary procedures surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.